It has been a long while since I last took any photos. My cameras are all inside my dry box, waiting for me to take it out and shoot. The question that I have in my mind is:
Should I go out and shoot
The Situation Now
Here are the facts with regards to the situation:
- Movement Control Order has been transitioned to Conditional Movement Control Order.
- There are no limits with regards to the movement except for the areas designated as a lockdown. The Ministry of Health will lock down any areas if there are clusters detected.
- We can go out and roam around but will need to take the necessary precautions like social distancing and masks.
Should I Wait?
Honestly, I am not particularly sure whether I can or not go out. The facts that I listed above is based on what I read in the papers. Even today, when I drove to The Curve to buy a birthday present for my dad, I was not very sure but took the chance as I really need to get him a present (sounds stupid right?). Yes – come to think of it.
Here is my thought process with regards to whether it is safe to go out:
- I need to pay particular attention to social distancing.
- Always wear a mask.
- Do not interact with people UNLESS it is absolutely necessary.
- Stay away from crowds.
Seriously, it is a predicament that I have. After more than 1.5 months being stuck at home (or in-office), I am now rearing to go out to get fresh air. Though shooting is a non-essential activity. I can postpone this further rather than taking unnecessary risks.
After – reading what I wrote above, I have made the decision to NOT GO OUT and will stay at home until further notice. I will decide again, come next week.