Following are ways that once can save electricity
Basic Common Sense
- Switch off the damn lights when you leave the room
- Switch off the air con when you leave the room
- Seal off your room when using the air cond (doors and windows shut)
- Shut down your PC when you finish using it
Not So Common Sense Yet Still Makes Sense
- Use energy savings bulbs
- Front loading washing machines (don’t know why)
- Skip the dryer – hang dry your clothes
- Before putting hot food in fridge, cool them down first
- Vacuum the fridge coils every now and then
- Wash full loads rather than small ones..
- Screw the air cond, use ceiling fans (i don’t have any ceiling fans at home.. just hooks :D)
- Use the timer for the air cond – switch it off 1-2 hours after you fall asleep… then 1 hour before you wake up..
Do some of the steps above and you might save a few hundred dollars a year 😀