I have managed to get myself going with the design of my new website. As you guys can see, my current website is currently under construction (www.mohamadfazli.com).
The delay in getting the prototype out, is actually i was trying to figure out what kind of colour scheme which is should use. Typically, i would love a grey fonts and black background The problem is that, this kind of colour scheme is way to common especially for photography websites.
Hence… i resorted to a fresh set of colours. The layout of the main title is also made simple so that the focus would be more on the pictures – rather than the writings (which i am so not good at).
Following is the screen capture of my main page.. (yeap that’s the only thing which i have done so far)…
You can view the full page at this address http://www.mohamadfazli.com/prototype
Some of the stuffs which i plan to add in is as per my menu items:
- about fuzz – Pretty much a 100 words essay abt myself. I am a bad writer… so maybe i just put some pictures and some words..
- photo gallery – This is a photo gallery of all my best photos. Most likely i will be auto generating in from aperture. But i have yet to figure out how to integrate Aperture with Macromedia Flash (both i have legal license!).
- publications – This is pretty much scans of all my pictures that has appear in publications, well i do have on or two pictures published!
- personal projects – Some personal projects that i am working on, which most of it is now currently abandon. I plan to relook at these projects in the near future.
- blog – Link to this blog.. what else lar. But with respect to the deployment of the new website, i will be changing the theme of this blog to reflect the “theme” which i used for the new website. I will be deploying wordpress on my spare Imac G5, so that it’ll be much easier for me to develop.
The website will be running primarily on flash – because i figure this is the best way that i can protect myself from ppl who steals pictures. This problem is really annoying. Though this is not a full proof way, as they can still screen capture – at least it’ll stop them from saving the image directly (make their life more difficult).
Anyway.. will keep on updating this blog on the progress of the website. I doubt it will be ready by end of this year, as i will be going for holiday + work trip to US next month. Maybe… by end of quarter 1 lar…
Due to the migration to http://blog.mohamadfazli.com the prototype is currently unavailable.